A Marketer's Guide to Texting or SMS Marketing
Table of Contents
Text Message Marketing or SMS Marketing promotes your business directly to prospective customers. SMS marketing is an effective way to promote products, services, and events. Besides, SMS marketing can help increase customer retention. Loyalty programs using SMS Marketing have higher rates of success.
WHAT IS SMS MARKETING?
SMS stands for Short Message Service. In the beginning, the SMS service was for personal messages. Twitter has made this short message famous over the last few years. SMS Marketing has been used by Big Brands successfully for more than 10 years. But in the last few years, businesses have started using SMS Marketing. They are benefitting from conveying a powerful statement in 160 characters for less.
SMS marketing uses text messages to promote business products or services. Therefore, it is also known as Texting or Business Texting. It is a great way to reach customers who are inaccessible via other advertising or marketing.
As a matter of fact, it has become a marketing channel. Now it has many forms, tools, best practices, and use cases.
SMS Marketing messages are delivered directly to Mobile phones as text messages. Thus, its reach and accessibility far exceed all other digital marketing channels.
VARIOUS FORMS OF SMS MARKETING
SMS Marketing can take many different forms. This is because it depends on the use case or the degree to which a business wants to engage its audience.
As a result, simple text messages are sent after a prospect, or a customer takes a specific action.
Some examples are:
– A confirmation message after the request for a quote or information from a prospect.
– A Thank you message after an order or an online purchase
– Invitation to a VIP-only sale or event
– A text is sent to let the customer know their table or order is ready
– Two-way communication messages engage prospects, provide information, and answer questions
– Coupons, special pricing, and other promotional messages get sent to promote sales
– Loyal customers stay informed of their Loyalty reward status and benefits.
Other SMS marketing forms exist, but the above ones are most common.
TOOLS USED FOR TEXTING OR SMS MARKETING
Convenience and accessibility are the main reasons texts are successful in marketing.
As a matter of fact, over 84% of the world’s population owns a smartphone. Every smartphone is capable of sending and receiving SMS or Texts.
In addition, most service providers do not charge extra for sending or receiving texts.
From when they wake up to when they sleep, most people have their phones close.
Therefore, constantly checking messages has become a human condition.
Thus, reaching prospects and customers via texting is highly successful. Every Smart Phone is the best tool marketers can ask for. And today, it is in every prospect’s hand.
B) SMS MARKETING PLATFORM
We offer a platform with expert services. We custom design, set the strategic direction of the campaign. Also, provide ongoing management, and execution of SMS Marketing campaigns. This ensures success. Only large corporations with big budgets used to have access to powerful technologies and managed solutions like this. Now, it is available to businesses of all sizes through Mobile High 5.
C) FULL-SERVICE SMS MARKETING AGENCY
Texting needs the art to write sales pitches and call to action within the 160 character limit. The right words, visuals, message delivery trigger, call-to-action mechanics impact the results. Thus, a full-service marketing agency creates successful SMS Marketing campaigns and delivers results.
D) KEYS TO SUCCESS
In reality, the design of the program can create success or failure. Customer action or in-action creates properly timed trigger messages. Therefore, segmented messaging and strategic data collection are the keys to success.
THE GOAL OF SMS MARKETING CAMPAIGNS
There are three levels in the goal of these campaigns.
1) Build a database of opted-in prospects and customers. Thus, it gives proper permissions for compliance. These individuals have given consent to receive messages from your business. Therefore, they are reading, engaging, and performing the call-to-action.
2) Win, delight, and create loyal customers by sending special offers, discounts, product updates, coupons, promotions, and reminders. These timely messages make your customers feel special. They keep your business top-of-mind during purchasing decisions.
3) Reach prospects and customers wherever they are. No need for an App download or a password.
BENEFITS OF TEXTING OR SMS MARKETING
a) Own your Data: Unlike Social Media and paid Ad channels, in Text Messaging Service you own your customer data.
b) Build direct relationships with the subjects of your marketing campaigns.
c) The highest rate of engagement. Texts have over a 98% open rate. At the same time, emails have a 16% open rate.
d) Have live conversations via two-way texting. Thus, promoting customer engagement.
e) Promotions, reminders, and product information are easily accessible. This makes order placing easy.
f) Have confidence your messages will bring results.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH SMS MARKETING
We are a full-service Texting Message Marketing agency. We have a proprietary platform that makes enterprise-level tools available for your business.
Our team has decades of marketing experience driving growth. Thus, we deliver success for businesses of all sizes.
It is easy to get started. Call us at (484)325-5725